Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The World Doesn't Take Visa

I was at my local neighborhood DMV, getting my license and I found that the DMV doesn't take Visa. It became part of the 21st century when it started taking Credit Cards in 2008, but for now, they still don't take Visa. When I asked why, I was met with "it's company policy". What kind of BS is that? The average American takes around a Visa, because "more people go with Visa."

However, in 2007, Visa launched a campaign, and had ads that said, "Life Takes Visa". It seems like the DMV is looking to make Visa look like a liar, because most of the people in America drive and so have to go to the DMV, which would make DMV a part of life. With the DMV being the cause of frustration of many Americans, this just adds to the stress of having to have cash, which not a lot of people carry around any more, to write a check, which the world doesn't take anymore.

So why make it so difficult? Are they doing this on purpose because they have nothing better to do that make restrictions that leave you angry and bitter? Who decided that the public sector can be issued Visas and then those same cards can't be used in a government office?

I'm at a loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment