Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Random Fact about Me

I don't have a driver's license. My own family jokes about my competence, because of that fact, in fact, they are embarrassed to tell anyone that I don't have a driver's license. So much so that I have begun to feel ashamed about it too, so I thought that I would get it this summer. Not to get them off my back, but so that if there was a problem, I could actually do something about it, i.e., mother needing to be driven to the E.R.

I started driving around in parking lots about two weeks ago, and I'm progressing to roads, but I have this fear about speed, but I'm out of control if I go too fast (fast being like 20 MPH). I know it is pathetic because I'm eighteen and supposed to have been driving for almost three years now, however, I was busy. I thought that there wasn't a point. When my brother got to the age when he was supposed to be driving, there was already a car waiting for him. When I got to the age, that was when the recession hit and even if they wanted to, my parents couldn't afford another car, not even a used one.

So I didn't learn to drive because I didn't see the point. I was focusing on my schoolwork and taking Driver's Ed wasn't an option because it's been eradicated from most public schools, including mine. Which, by the way is a travesty. People complain about the amount of accidents involving teens and instead of going back to what works, making driving something which was taught in the schools, something practical, they make it so you have to wait longer for your license.

One problem that I am having is that my significant other is teaching me how to drive. He is very patient with me, but I get upset really easily so it doesn't matter what he says or what I do, I get upset.

I bet you are wondering what the point is, and there isn't one. I'm really close to achieving one of the goals that I set for myself before summer began and I wanted to share that with you.

Happy day or night.

No comments:

Post a Comment