Saturday, June 18, 2011

Three Car Shopping Websites

It has come the time for me to look for my first car. It's like a right of passage of every teenager and I think I'm ready for two reasons:1) my brother had one sitting in the driveway waiting for him as soon as he got his license, which is the bad part of being the last child, and 2) The only reason why I couldn't find a job was because I didn't have reliable transportation, meaning a car.


The real problem with getting a car for myself is that it is going to be a junker, I know that, I only have about 4 grand to work with, and financing is never a good option for someone who doesn't have a job, so my only choice is to find a "cheap" car. So for all of you who are in the same boat as I am, here are some websites to help you on your quest to finding the perfect cheap car for you.


1. Craigslist.
What's great about Craigslist is that it is a local venue so you don't have to go all over to find the right car, which is especially nice if you don't have reliable transportation. The only thing you have to look out for are scammers. Fraud guide has a nice article outlining the signs that you can look out for. Other than that, normally you can find honest people who will let you bring a mechanic to check out the car before money exchanges hands. There are number of mobile applications for Craigslist, which can make shopping for a car on the go, easy.


2. Cars.com
I found this site while looking through the Orlando Sentinel classifieds website, the great part about it is that it is mostly dealers who post on there. Dealers that are willing to give warranties on really cheap cars. You can be really specific, like with what model, make, and the mileage scale. Cars.com is as local as you want it to be, with a place to enter your zipcode and how far from that zipcode they should search. 


3. Autotrader.com
What is great about this site is that if you are not like me, and are looking to trade your car in, you can get an estimate on how much your car is worth and where around you would give you the best deal. If you are an iPhone user, which I am not, you can access AutoTrader on the go. You can access new cars or certified used ones and directly contact the dealership which the car you are interested comes from. 


So I hope you have a better time looking for a car if you are, I hoped this helped. 



No comments:

Post a Comment