Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Glee Project's Damian McGinty


I was watching the Glee Project on Oxygen and it is happening again; you remember the post I did about Dia Frampton. I think that there is a bit of a problem with Damian McGinty, According to my research, and the show Glee Project, Mr. McGinty is part of the Celtic Thunder, a five piece Irish singing group, and has been since he was thirteen years old, touring all over the world. The thing that makes him different, besides his fame, is that he is the only one on the show from a different country. 
Does that seem right that he has had success and is on a reality competition series? I’m sure that it’s happened numerous times and I just haven’t caught it, but now that I have been paying attention to the reality show competitions. I’ve seen two different instances of already successful individuals who see it fit for them to look for more fame. I suppose that is something there isn’t a clause saying that the people who try out for these things have to be amateurs. 
If you have been watching, last week’s episode was called Individuality, and for their music video of the week, they did Katy Perry’s Firework, and Damian McGinty was on the bottom three because he was not really coming out of his shell. The only thing that I am happy about is that the show is not judged by America’s votes, because they never pick talent over personality and good looks.
This week’s episode is called Theatricality, named after the Glee episode of the same name, airing at 9/8c for those in the East Coast.  I hope you enjoy. 

2 comments:

  1. Damian is amazing and he is trying to follow his dreams let him do what his heart calls for....Damian you are truly amazing!

    -A.G.

    ReplyDelete