Friday, June 17, 2011

Birthdays



There are two things that people can't believe when they hear about me : 1) I don't like chocolate, and 2) I've never had a proper birthday party. The first I don't think I need to explain, but the second is seen as more absurd than the first. I never really had enough friends to have a birthday party and in my family, it was either the party or the gift. My older brother used to get both. Parties that weren't even planned by parents, but aunts and uncles instead. I didn't. People can say that the baby in the family gets spoiled but its not really like that, and if it was, then those days are over. By the time I was getting ready to turn eighteen, I had a boyfriend and assumed that he would plan something because my life had been so lacking. I was mistaken. The day came and went and so did the weekend. And now I have no big birthdays left. 21 doesn't matter because I don't drink. 25 doesn’t because I don’t intend on renting a vehicle or getting a CDL license. This may sound like whining, but it is simply to explain so that maybe when my birthday does come around and I'm all snippy, you all understand.



So what am I supposed to do? When shall I see it fit to have a birthday party, or perhaps one year I will get fed up enough to just do it myself? I hope this doesn’t sound like complaining, or rather perhaps I am complaining so someone can do something about this silent suffering. I don't know why I am thinking of this, my birthday is 3 months away, but it just crossed my mind. You know like a thought that doesn't come around, ever and then all of sudden, just like that, it hits you and you can't stop thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment