Friday, August 1, 2014

Am I Falling?

Love feels a lot like falling.
There are countless books, poems, live shows explaining to the world what they presume to know about love, but I think because so many people have tried to explain it that maybe there is no explanation for it.
I've recently met someone and I wouldn't say it is love or much of anything yet, except for like-like. However, in him, I see the qualities that I had outlined in a letter I had addressed to myself nine years ago. I'm an old fashioned traditional girl; it's just how my parents raised me and he appeals to my sensibilities. Intelligent, Funny, Witty, Clever, God-fearing/loving, willing to learn new things and go on new adventures.
I find myself very wary of him. The reason being is that I don't think I ever thought that I would get everything on my list. As I get to know him, I don't try to think too hard about the list and what he fits or does not fit. He finishes my sandwiches and understands the importance of goofing off.
Everything feels right, never forced. I don't have to think of things to say or conversation starters; we just pick up where we left off like old friends with a ton of stories to tell and not enough time in the day.

When you meet someone, is it quick? Does your heart want to leap from your chest?

No comments:

Post a Comment