Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blogger app for iOS and Android - Disappointing

Perhaps this is the right place to complain about it, perhaps not, but I feel like Google has abandoned the mobile app for Blogger. There has only ever been one update and for a casual blogger like me, I don't want to fuss with html. This is not mySpace. I would like to see a lot of things change. I have decided to detail them here, maybe something will be done but after three years, I doubt it.

1. Tablet support.
This only applies to the iOS version of the app. It is currently only available for the iPhone, which is just bogus. Looking at WordPress, I know that it is possible to make an app that is universal and takes into account the statistics that help bloggers create user-centered content.

2. Stats Support
I like seeing how many people look at a certain post, so that I can try to make more of that kind of stuff. It doesn't matter to see those kind of things on an iPhone application but seeing it on the iPad makes a lot of difference for those who use their iPad because they want to ditch their laptop.

3. The UI and functionality needs help
It doesn't make sense to have buttons that say back but that go to the main menu. The navigation is clunky and I wouldn't mind paying an application that is smoother.

I just don't understand why the application is lacking so much. It doesn't make sense and this is not what I expect from Google in any way, shape or form. If I could rate it, It would not even get two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment