Sunday, January 15, 2012

LDR - Loneliness

“I'm lonely. And I'm lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be this lonely because it seems catastrophic.” 
― Augusten BurroughsDry

In the recent week, I have returned to college. What that means for me is that I leave my significant other behind in my hometown. This city that I speak of is only two hours away and some would argue (although I don't know why) that I am not in a long distance relationship or an LDR. The truth is the frequency in which we see each other is comparable to some people living in different states. I have also recently discovered that I am feeling the effects of this long distance. I am feeling lonely, isolated, misunderstood, and a little bit abandoned, even though I am the one who left.
I know that there are other people out there is similar situations, so I'm asking for your help. I feel like I'm all alone but I know that I'm not. How do you deal with it? How do you go about your daily lives and not retreat back into bed and cry? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment