Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My New Found Gamer Girl Title

I started dating this guy about a year ago and at the time, I wasn't completely aware of his Gamer status or that he was even into those sort of things. I just thought that he was like most people that I knew who were his age. I knew no one his age, however, as our relationship grew, I wanted to do more things with him that interested him. So I downloaded Steam, which is a gaming platform; it caters mostly to the PC gamers, as there are only 100 games for the Mac users. All of the games offered for Mac are also available for PC, under a category called Steam Play. The only problem with the Mac games is that there aren't very many games and of those games they are either from the really big production companies or very kiddish.

Recently, there has been a huge sale on entire catalogs from production companies. Last sunday being the last day for such sales. However, I feel like I have discovered a new part of myself. I don't know if that is a particularly good thing. There is a feature of Steam called the Steam Rating and it is a rating based on how many hours a user plays every two weeks. I'm at a 8.5 out of 10.

I'm talking in the gamer lingo, which scares me. At the same time, I am at a point that I can hang out with my boyfriend without having to be in the same room as him, and this is a good thing because I'm moving away in a few weeks.

Check out Steam, especially the sales.


1 comment: