Saturday, June 4, 2011

Google's +1 Feature

In the wake of all things Google, such as the Chromebooks and the Chrome Web App Store, Google has come out with something else. A +1 feature. Apparently, it is for when you find something particularly witty or amazing and want to recommend it. It's like putting your badge of honor on it and saying that it was a good thing. Kind of like the Facebook "like" button, however overused, the Facebook like button is you telling people who troll your site that yes you "like" the fact that your friend who you haven't seen in person for the past five or so years, got a new haircut, so that it looks exactly like the haircut that they had five years ago when you last saw them on the street.

The reason why I even know about this feature is not because I'm hip and keep up with all things Google, but simply because when I loaded my blogger site, on which this post appears, this little logo thing parks itself on the right of "share this" bar (you know the one with facebook and twitter on it and other social networking sites that no one goes to). Now I'm seeing it everywhere. News outlets, fiction sites, the whole shebang. I'm not frightened, but think about it, Google implemented something, and just like that *the snap of my fingers* it's everywhere. Which makes me think of what else Google can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment