Sunday, May 22, 2011

10 Things I Am Honestly Curious About



I will do this list in descending order; as I will all of my lists. If you think you can answer any of these things/ questions.

10. Why no one has invented a tool to put toothpaste back in the tube.

People also use that stupid analogy to explain that once you say or do something, you can't take it back. You can't shove it back in the tube, but what if someone invented that machine which could do exactly that? How long would it take for all those people to catch on that they need to stop saying that because indeed it could be done.



9. How is it that Anthony Hopkins doesn't seem to be aging?
I watched movies from 20 years ago (Hannibal), 10 years ago (Heart of Atlantis), and now, Thor. Nothing really has changed about him, and I commend him for that and everything, but I really want to know his secret (if he has one), or if he is just as magical as I imagined him to be.

8. What goes on in my dog's head
I have a puppy, okay, I share a puppy with my boyfriend, Kevin; her name is Hanna and she's a half lab - half german shepard. She mildly insane, but that can be said about any dog. However, my dog whines a lot, and I try to guess as best as I can what she wants. I mean I wonder what she thinks about me. If she has very negative opinions and chooses to stay because she has nowhere else to go.

7. Is my proclivity to type going to badly effect my handwriting?
I don't write things out much; in fact I threw quite a fit at the beginning of the semester when I found out that I couldn't use my laptop in one of my classes to take notes. I am a much fast typer than writer and it shows in the fact that I have started to write in cursive by default. For the moment, my handwriting doesn't suck.

6. Is this blog going to one day prevent me from procuring a job?
When looking a job, even twenty years ago, you didn't have to worry about anything but a background check but now, it's different. Most of my peer have Facebooks or Tumblrs or blogs and they put some crazy stuff on there, like them doing keg stands (underage) or promoting pot smoking. I try to be extremely  careful with what I put on the net, but there are things that are me. Like this blog, what if someone deems it inappropriate and I don't get a job.

5. What's Victoria's Secret?
I always had this theory that Victoria's secret was that her name was really Victor and she was a man. Seems reasonanble. I get that partially from Victor/ Victoria starring Julie Andrews. It could also be something gross like Solent Green.

4. How can we hear silence?
The definition of silence is the sound of nothing, so is it that you can't hear anything or that you can hear the sound of "nothing"?

3. Why do women have problems with men?
We are clearly the superior species, so why is it that we have men problems?

2. Who came up with the name "plastic surgery"?
Plastic surgery is a way to change yourself surgically, and last time I checked a nose job did not concern replacing your nose for a plastic one, so what's up with the name?

1. Why can't Hollywood come up with something new?
I came from watching Thor with the previews for two other movies in my mind. The first called Captain America: The First Avenger, starring Chris Evans as Captain America, which I think was a bad choice but whatever. And Conan the Barbarian featuring Jason Momoa, from the critically acclaimed HBO fantasy drama Game of Thrones.

Hopefully you can help me out with some of my questions/ curiosities.

Comment below.

Thanks.



3 comments:

  1. the sound of silence is the noise your brain makes when you are reading a blog about silence

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! @toughcitybill

    ReplyDelete