Sunday, June 12, 2011

Making a Choice

Tonight, I choose my friends over my family. I don't regret and maybe that means that I don't have my priorities in check but I think that when people say that you should always pick your family over your friends, haven't met these people. The only other people that I've ever felt at home with are my Theatre family, which is now and forever disbanded. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that my own family is not family like, it's just that these people have a way about them. They accept me for what I am. Warts and all, you know the saying.

My OHPC family. I don't feel like I have to change for them, or get perfect grades. I'm never disappointing them and I can always get a hug, without even asking. When I get to that point with my own blood family, then maybe I will choose them over DA, but for now, I will not be guilted into feeling bad. Deep down, I know that I made the right choice. No one can tell me differently.

That's what happens when you are at my stage of life, where you're in the nest, but you are partly gone as well. You have to start making decisions about what is most important to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment